Macro Solutions, as a subcontractor to IBM, wins contract to support implementation and maintenance of IBM’s VA HR LOB
January 2013: Macro Solutions, as a subcontractor to IBM, was recently awarded a contract to support implementation and maintenance of IBM’s Human Resources Line of Business for the Veterans Administration.
The VA’s HR requirements have changed dramatically compared with the decades past, and as these services will continue to evolve, the VA HR workforce, and the systems they use, must continuously and flexibly adapt to meet the needs those changes drive. This will ultimately allow VA to reach its vision to:
- Provide more strategic planning and advice for managers and employees as they continually improve the services for Veterans
- Deliver transactional services efficiently and accurately, by automating more HR transactions and by shifting transactions to self-service
- Standardize diverse operations that are geographically dispersed
- Increase HR capacity, currently supporting a population of 300,000+ employees, to successfully support the thousands of new VA professionals that are expected to be hired in the future
- Operate efficiently to reduce HR costs and free up budget for other priorities while delivering a higher standard of human resource services
IBM’s proven VA HR LOB technical solution is built on Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technological capability (including Oracle PeopleSoft, Monster Entry on Duty (EOD), and IBM Rational, InfoSphere, and Tivoli). The solution includes connectors and expansion points to support future growth and the addition of future functionality like workforce analytics (example, bringing the power of VA Program Integrity Tools to the HR community).